Celebrating 50 Years at our Daly City Location
This year, the Duggan Serra Family celebrates 50 years of serving families at our Daly City location.
The Duggan Family has been serving families of San Francisco and San Mateo Counties for over 110 years.
Preplanning Your Funeral Service
Whenever we plan ahead, we have a richer experience: whether it is planning a vacation or planning a special family event. There is a saying that “funerals are for the living.” This is true, but you are entitled to have your last wishes respected. Choose what you want. Make your wishes known to your family and your funeral director.
Instead of looking at funerals as a time to say goodbye, we see them as a time to remember the life of the loved one, not the death. Yes, there are tears, but there is also laughter. We are sad because they died….we are happy because they lived. Pre-planning a memorable service is the ultimate and final gift to yourself and your loved ones.
Most mortuaries offer a lifetime guarantee of their goods and services for those who pre-fund their funerals. Even if your costs double, triple, or even quadruple, your pre-funded funeral goods and service costs will never increase. Finally, there are a number of flexible monthly payment plans available, with full cost protection to those who qualify.
Why People Decide to Prearrange Services
- A death in the family makes people think about this
- They don’t want their family to have to worry about this
- They don’t want their children to have to pay for this
- Hospice or their doctor advised family to begin arrangements: death is imminent
- Person needs to qualify for SSI/Medi-Cal
- Make your own decisions: family will know what you want and will carry out those wishes
Advantages to Planning Far Ahead of Time
- Get all documents needed, such as: Military Discharge Papers, Advance Directive
- All decisions are made ahead of time
- Your own wishes are discussed and on file
- Discuss things with family; make it easier for the family at the time
- Financially taken care of: Funding through the mortuary, Resources are set aside
We offer a Free Personal Planning Guide to all who are interested in learning more about pre-planning. It is a helpful tool that contains task checklists, places for important documents and information, and service options. Please call our Pre-Planning Department to receive your complimentary guide. Call today at 650- 756-4500 or 415-587-4500.